September 2, 2008

Randomly Crazy Ideas

If you were born a camera-friendly person, you can ignore this post since you know it best in front of the zooming lens. If you were not, don't worry. You are not the only person and not everyone feel comfortable when their whole image being watched and taken. I know this because i am myself sometimes expressionless and body language dead-lock after all. My body turns pretty stiffed and my hands cannot find a good position besides resting in my pockets. My lips turn dry and a smile is hardly natural. Enough for this little drama.

Luckily there are rules to be learnt in almost any aspects of life-from learning to walk and talk to taking a picture. Unlike a model who needs to subconsciously communicate through his or her facial expression and body language in order to sell or promote a product, we only need to have a simply lovely photo. First thing first, SMILE is the most important ingredient of your whole picture recipe. If you can't do anything else, just smile. A way to find your best smile can be:
- looking into the mirror and smile and see whether you smile too much or too little.
- looking at your previous photos and see which one has the best smile. Next time, all you have to do is to follow that picture.
- say CHEESE or GEEZE.
- pretend that the photographer is your lover and you must smile at him/her from the bottom of your heart.
Now you have mastered your smiling skill, we can jump to body language, mainly your hands. One of the most popular gesture is a V finger. That's very simple yet quite universal. As a process, we can learn from easy steps before we move up to complex hip-hop move. Therefore, I have compiled a selection of various photo styles that would help as a basic idea.


friend Veng 's smile


sister Leakhena 's smile


Baby's smile

Grandma's smile + V fingers. I miss and love you.



Mei-Mei and me with double thumb-index V fingers ( I don't know if such word exists. lolz)

Cousin Theary's V


Robin's Vs

Angelica and Cynthea's creative Vs

My V

To be continued...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm, a collection of smile.. the smile makes people's day happy! let's smile!!! i should also smile haha... this time i give u the very first SMILE for ur post!

Anonymous said...

:) I'm coming to smile, too. Lolz...Hey, I like your granda's pic the most. Her V sign is cute..hehe..

Anonymous said...

By the way, I just met Mei Mei. What is the relationship between u and her? She's now grown up to be a pretty girl.

Rattanak said...

Thanks you for my grandma. Actually she didn't know why her grandchild instructed her to make a V sign. hehe

you know Mei Mei too. She is Uncle's Bunleng grandaughter. So i am supposed to be her uncle.

curryegg said...

The last picture is that you? Here is my V... "V"

:D

Anonymous said...

yeah he is me or i am him. below is my
". ."
'