April 1, 2008

7 Wonders of the World

7 Wonders of the World
Source: Unknown

A group of students were asked to list what they thought were the present Seven Wonders of the World. Though there was some disagreement, the following got the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall

Let me open a pair of braskets (Don't Forget to Vote for Angkor Wat). I am proud to be KHMER. I'm %100 sure we all are.

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one quiet student hadn't turned in her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many." The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help. " The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the Seven Wonders of the World are:

1. to touch (I like touching, hugging and kissing. It's just a wonderful feeling. I'm very sorry that Khmer don't hug and kiss that often, i see Americans hug and kiss each other on a daily basis. Sometime i got one from them too. haha. Touch ur face now, just touch it. Don't slap it ok? And don't even think about kissing yourself in a mirror. Imao)

2. to taste (trust me, tasting is not enough for me, I love eating. If i have to choose between seeing a gf and a big meal, i will definitely choose the big meal. Oh oh i am too fast, i will bring her to the big meal with me, that's better)

3. to see (this point is fantastic. Have you ever imagined yourself being blind? If you just try to close your eyes for 10mn and walk around, you will know how miserale life is to live through darkness and imagination without the sight. I have Chinese eyes, but they work effectively. My favorite color is sky blue. lolz)

4. to hear (the wind is blowing you hear the sound, of the leaves falling down from the tree, of the rain drops, of the whisper from your mum, of children crying, of a nice song blah blah blah. I love my ipod by the way. haha)

She hesitated a little, and then added

5. to feel (Is it gay if i like talking about feeling and emotion? Ask yourself how you are feeling now? good, bad or neutral. How do u feel when somebody tells you that he or she have been missing and thinking about you. Happy right? And i feel happy when you are commenting my blog :-)

6. to laugh (Like it or not, laughter is one of the best medicines. It reduces tension and stress. LOL stands for Laugh Out Loud. So don't just laugh quietly. A person who laughs live longer than a person who frowns. One day i went to the sea in KS. Right after i took a shower, i found out that somebody stole my towel. oh lord. What could i do? Would i lock myself in the room forever or wait till mid-night to get out? haha If you are not laughing now, tickle yourself. Don't worry, i had my short pants on te. What's on your mind?)

7. and to love (I would define LOVE as the greatest gift a person can give, get and share as well. You don't have to look for love. It's within yourself already. The more you give, the more you will get. Love me and i will automatically love you back my friend)

The room was so full of silence you could have heard a pin drop. Those things we overlook as simple and "ordinary" are truly wondrous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

7 Wonders of the World? Ok, so I bet I have to leave my lovely comments on each of them :P Lovely comments??? Lolz... J/K

@1-Touching? Lolz... I can't afford how many I've kissed my frns lolz... :P Hey, I'm not that stupid to slap myself and kissing my reflection in the mirror! That won't happen. Have u done that? lolz.. I hope not

@2-Tasting? I luv eating as well, but hey, hopefully ur gf not gonna see wat u said here cuz u chose the meal instead of her :P heh Heh

@3-Ur Chinese eyes work effectively??? wat u meant huh? Lolz... Sounds like u have the great pride for them huh?

@4-Sense of hearing? just wanna let u know that I can't imagine my life without music!!!!

@5-To feel??? " How do you feel when s.o tells u that s/he's missing and thinking bout u. Happy right?" Yeah, its a great honor, I can say. Heh Heh, so now I am commenting on ya blog. Are you happy? Lolz... not really Barbie... Ok watever :(

@6-HEY YOU!!! this is hilarious, nth on my mind anyway, cuz I know that ur underpants got stolen the other day, so wat? Lolz... J/K

@7-As for the last wonder of yours, I would say to some extents its not true.

All in all, some of your wonders make me joggling to myself. Thks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Barbie,
Did you just break up with your bf? It seems that you are throwing ur emotional breakdown on me.
I guess i've to defense myself on each of your lovely and funny comment:
1-touching: U r a woman, it's more casual that a female kisses a female than a male kiss a male, right? U made me goose bump. brrrr...brrr.... How about intimate kissing? U have any idea.
2-tasting: I always bring her with me.
3-sight: what i meant is i don't have to wear classes to read book, to write on blog, or to go to bathroom. Do you?
4-hearing: I don't fight with u at this point. U remind me this. Anyway if u still have that song "Bleeding Love" or bloody heart whatso ever. Can you send that to my email. I would appreciate that. thx
5-feel: Yes i am happy that you read my post and comment. Thanks. i hope you enjoy the reading too.
6-How did u know that story so well? Were you the one who took my towel?
7-This is subjective, i don't think everything is correct from different corner of view.

All in all, stop joggling ok?tickle tickle.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Informative post.
7 Wonders Of The #World In 14 Min | #Waste To #Wonder Delhi

7 Wonders Of The World In 14 Min | Waste To Wonder Delhi

#Subcriber

Ask Health Guru said...

Very Nice Informative post.
7 Wonders Of The #World In 14 Min | #Waste To #Wonder Delhi

7 Wonders Of The World In 14 Min | Waste To Wonder Delhi

#Subcriber