March 18, 2008

The Pursuit of Happiness

I remember when i were young, every morning i woke up was a new day. I felt excited to begin each day. There were fun in everything i did, whether i am playing on the ground with my neighbors, mummy buying me a smoothie, visiting my relatives, watching cartoons, listening to Preab Sovath, doing homework, riding a bike or reading a joke. As time goes, the excitment seems to fade away further and further. We learn from elder people that laughing a lot is childish. Can we become happy without laughing?

I have gone through many pains and obstacles. Failing an important examination that i have been working very hard and have so high expectation was a painful moment. Seeing my first gf cuddling with my best friend on a bus was heart-breaking. Watching countless patients in final breath makes me still and speechless. Studying hundrend pages of questions for several weeks for medical school final exams were extraordinary boring and tiring. Losing three best friends who decided to quit school before i did. Losing the chances to love the person i love. However, the biggest mountain of pain i have ever climped is being away from home. I have realized that nobody loves me as truly, unconditionally, deeply and enermously as my parents do. All the blames, all the advices, all the hits are to sharpen my value. Those things have impacted me in both negative and positive ways.

In pursuit of happiness, there are certain things i have to follow. Today i tell myself that i have to love my body, my emotion and my spirit. I must value what i am doing. I must surround myself with good-hearted persons. I must prioritize what is the most important and the least important to me and do it accordingly. I must be positive in everything i do and think. I must let go of the past. I must look forward to the future. I must learn to learn from mistakes and people. I must learn to understand the world. I must educate myself as much as i can. I must enjoy in everything i do. I must not regret. I must go on. I must be happy again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice true story :P Ha Ha... you said my journal Tick Tick Tick was some kind of unreal, huh??? Lolz... never mind, but I have to admit that its wat I truely did back then when I was younger. I bit all the peers, esp the total strangers :P

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, that you didn't meet me in your kid-hood, otherwise the one who got bitten is...u